Fireworks Ginger Miso Scallops
Scallops are really so so so simple to cook. They are rich and decadent and so satisfying. I find they make a really great pair with butter. And Fireworks Ginger Miso has so much character on its own, it is a match made in heaven. And I find that these scallops are so easily served with noodles, rice or simple salads. This recipe will make a quick mid week dinner a breeze.
2 entree portions
Saute pan or heavy cast iron skillet
Spatula for flipping
8-10 Large bay scallops with the side muscle removed
6 Tbsp Ginger Miso Fireworks Finishing Butter
1 tsp Sea Salt
1 tsp Fresh Cracked Black Pepper
● Thoroughly rinse and dry the scallops, then place on a paper towel lined plate.
● Salt and pepper each side of the scallops.
● Over medium high heat, melt 4 Tbsp of butter in a large cast iron skillet or a heavy saute pan. The pan needs to heat up before adding the scallops, when you do add them, they should sizzle. If they don’t, wait until it warms up more. Give the scallops some room between them also-about an inch around (crowding them will prevent proper searing).
● Cook approximately three minutes before flipping to the other side. Make sure the first side is golden and brown before flipping.
● Add 2 more tablespoons of butter after you flip over the scallops Spoon the butter over the scallops as you cook them.
● Cook another three minutes on the second side or until seared and golden.
● To serve, spoon the remaining butter in the pan on the scallops.
This same technique works easily with peeled and deveined shrimp. You could actually combine the two in one pan for a combination seafood dinner.